Monday, September 24, 2012

Summer Recap

So- I'm kind of behind on keeping up this blog, but I'm not a quitter, so here are the highlights of our summer in (mostly) pictures!  Enjoy :)
 
 
We started out the summer by heading down to Sumter, SC to visit my old roomie from grad school, Heidi.  We always have a good time, but somehow we didn't end up getting a picture of ourselves together...I guess having a sum total of six kids all together caused a distraction in my picture taking plans!

            Caleb & Kate- two little fish!                          Just lounging at the pool :)                  

Popsicles after lots of swimming!
 
 
Back at home, hanging with the Dukester!
Noah is getting some doggie kisses...lovely. 
 
 
The week of July 4th we went on vacation with the Putnam family to Lake Joccassee :)
This was our view from the back deck...Beautiful!!!
  
Pawpaw with the littles, Asher, Ruby & Noah :)
 
 
The whole fam!
 
Happy boys!
 
 
 My BRAVE girl, riding on "Big Bertha!"
 
...and jumping off at the Rock Quarry :)

 
 
                                Kate & Ruby!                                         Pawpaw & Asher!
 
Double float, double fun?!

 
At the end of July, my sister, mom, Kate & I went on a "Girls-weekend" to Charleston to visit my brother, sister-in-law & neice.  Which meant that I left Asher & Noah for the FIRST time!!!  It was hard for me to leave them of course, but it was a special weekend with my big girl :)
 
Here are the cousins at the beach...
 
Cole is King of the Sand!!!
 
Building a sand castle
(I'm sure if daddy had been with us, the castle would have been much grander!)

Me, my adorable little niece, and Kate 
 
 
 Next came MY birthday...Woot!!! 
In July we celebrated our 7th Wedding Anniversary but didn't get a chance to do anything other than go out to dinner, and of course last year I spent our anniversary and both of our birthdays on bedrest...so...we decided it was time to get away for a weekend to celebrate and rest! 
We went to Chateau Elan in Georgia for a relaxing, no agenda weekend!  It was SOOO nice!
 
Here's a pic of me & my honey :)
 
 
Amidst all our trips, my dad came by a few times on his day off to take Kate swimming or out to Chic-fil-A for a lunch date...or both!!!  Here he is...a super proud grandad :)
 
 
Later in August, we went back to the beach- this time to North Myrtle because Jason's Aunt had a conference down there and graciously invited us along!  On the way down we visited & spent the night with my Grandmama on the farm.
 
Overalls & a John Deere tractor...my little country boys!
 
I have such wonderful memories of playing out in this yard with all my cousins- I really hope Kate & my boys will get the same opportunity.
 
Happy morning
 
 

Kate loved the ocean 
 
...so did the Asher & Noah!
 
 
Attempting to keep all the kids in their inner tubes while braving the lazy river!

 
The "boys" relaxing by the pool ;-)
 
Kate ran in a fun run race and came in second in her age group! 
 
Mawmaw & Noah watching the race :)
 
Post-race piggyback ride!
 
We fed the ducks a few times, and Noah thought they were hilarious!!!
 
 
 
...And since our baby girl was about to start kindergarten (*sniff, sniff*) we decided to take her on a day trip to Carowinds
 
 
Kate is surprisingly fearless when it comes to riding roller coasters...(that's us in the 3rd car!) 

 

 
 
 
I spent last summer primarily on the couch as big as a house full of anxiety about the health of my babies.......SO needless to say this summer wins out!!!  We had a great one. 
 
"The Lord has done great things for us,
and we are filled with joy."
-Psalm 126:3-

 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment